|67% of Working Mothers Unable to Cope with the Demands on their Time|
Graphic by Essentials
The Working Mothers Expo had research done in partnership with MiWayLife about the working mother:
1. 67% of working mothers spend half their day or more unable to cope with the demands on their time. - That's true!
2. One in three spend nine or more hours at work every day. - I work my eight and half hours, nothing more! When I leave the office, I am finished!
3. 56% never take the time to exercise. - That's me! But I slot it down to laziness! (Guilt always!)
4. A third check their work email before they even get out of bed in the morning. - No! I don't have the time before I get to the office!
5. On average, most working moms believe that their friends are better mothers than they are. - No, I think we all do the juggle, and I love catching up with my friends to hear how they are doing it!
Janice Windt, the Managing Director of the Working Mothers Expo, had similar experiences. “I started speaking to other working mothers and realised that many of them were struggling as much as I was. Many of them were making decisions that they regretted. They were trying hard to cope and putting on a brave face. My heart started to break for these women - for all of us.”
The honesty of these conversations, combined with requests from other working mothers, lead Janice to found the Working Mothers Expo in order to create an opportunity for working mothers to connect with each-other and get all the help, support and inspiration they need in order to Make. Life. Work.
The Working Mothers Expo, in partnership with MiWayLife, brings together everything working mothers need under one roof on 4-6 November 2016 at the Sandton Convention Centre.
There will be world class products, services and a Speakers' Corner. (I can't wait for this! Check out the line-up: Speakers)
There will also be great entertainment for the kids!
Dads / partners get in FREE with a group / family ticket.
Tickets are available at Computicket.
One reader of this blog can win a set of tickets to The Working Mothers Expo this weekend.
Please comment and tell me why you agree with some of the Research by The Working Mothers Expo and MiWayLife?
I will draw a winner via Random.org at 12 pm on Wednesday afternoon.
Only open to a Gauteng reader able to come to The Working Mothers Expo on their own travel expenses.