It feels like I lost my edge. I have lost Powerwoman!
It must be there somewhere, but how do I switch back on the Powerwoman button?
I know my mojo disappeared with lost sleep, and a crying baby... It still feels like I am reeling after a very traumatic incident! I don’t know how people do it baby after baby? (*Bowing!*)
I did some checking, but it is definitely not burnout. Most of the points mentioned here is not how I feel at the moment. I actually still love my work and my personal life. But I know I need to give more attention to my health!
The burnout checklist:
- Feel emotionally and physically exhausted all the time.
- Want to be left alone.
- Haven't got the energy or interest in the things you used to do.
- Feel sad for no apparent reason.
- You are irritable and snap at people.
- Get into conflicts.
- Use alcohol and/or drugs to feel better.
- Work hard but accomplish little.
- Dissatisfied with work.
- Feel frustrated with work.
- Don't have much to look forward to in work.
- Have trouble sleeping because of worrying about work.
- Worry about work during off hours.
- Feelings about work interfere with personal life.
I like the suggestions they have for coping with burnout. That I can definitely incorporate into my life more. Especially the spa experience! (Hint-hint!)
Coping with Burnout (Burnout checklist)
- If you are in a toxic work environment, you'd better get out of it asap.
- Take time off - go on vacation, use up your sick days.
- Decide what you are going to do and act on it.
- If possible, take early retirement.
- Make sure you are eating healthy.
- Get enough sleep.
- Spend some time with people who are positive.
- Get involved in a cause that is meaningful to you.
- Make sure you have an outlet for your emotions e.g. a pet.
- Spend some time each day in quiet meditation.
- Treat yourself to a spa experience.
- Plan your time so you are not always in a rush.
- Learn to laugh.
Any more ideas on how to switch back on Powerwoman?