- The boyfriend is more important than you!
- The friends are more important than you!
- Her life and time-table are more important than you. You are lucky when she ventures out of her room to come and talk to you. It really tells you that you have a relationship going when she comes to share some of her life with you.
- You will never find an open door.
- She loves to sleep! All the time! (Most probable position you will find her to be in behind the closed door.)
- She can’t wait for the year to pass for exciting times ahead next year at university! (She feels she’s in limbo right now)
- The matric dance (Prom) is the most important event happening in her life! Ever!
- The dress, (and heads-up!), the after-the-party party dress, are extremely important!
- The make-up and hair should be sorted before the day. (There should be trial runs before the time!)
- A cell phone is an attachment to her hand!
- Most come-back retort when asked why she did not do something: “I did not know I was supposed to do it!”
I am making the list tongue-in-cheek.
I really like my Teen and the person she is!
I love her optimism about life, and her excitement about her future! It is very infectious!
I love her I-am-going-to-change-the-world attitude!
You go, my Girl!
(Photo: Patrick Pretorius photography)